Toolkit 1 Submission - Drawing

 Drawing Links

Life Drawing 1

Life Drawing 2

Life Drawing 3

Life Drawing 4

Life Drawing 5

Life Drawing 6

Character Design 1

Character Design 2

Character Design 3



At the start of the year I had very little skill when it came to drawing realistic human anatomy. When the first life drawing classes begun I struggled a lot to make the image look realistic and faced a lot of problems with sizing of the limbs and body shape in general. due to covid we couldn't attend any more lessons for a while so I couldn't fully develop my skills. In the last week we had Life Drawing for 3 days in a row and throughout those days I feel I improved a lot with shading and toning as well as making the body look more proportional. I cant perfect my skills in 3 days but I really do feel that I improved over the time span, I noticed I could draw a little faster and wasn't so worried about what others would think about my work and started to realise that no art is bad art and that you are your own worst critic. I am also beginning to see where my skills are strong and weak so I can work to improve as time goes on. Goals for next year would be to work on faces a little more as I tend to avoid drawing the details in the face as I can never get it right but if I work on this over the summer too then I can gradually improve.

The character design lessons helped me to understand the importance of different shapes and colours etc when it comes to designing a character. Learning how roundness in a character represents friendliness whereas Triangles are mischievous and villainous and squares are strong and powerful, made so much sense to me when seeing it. Learning to apply these to my work was difficult but I realised how effective and important it is when it comes to designing a character, whether it be human like or not the shapes are still just as important. As well as shapes, I learnt the importance of colours and the moods/attitudes they reflect to the audience. A goal for me is to keep applying these new skills to any character I design to further help the audience see the personality in the character just by looking at their design.

Comments

Popular Posts