Project Proposal - Minor

 

Minor: Outcome Proposal

Emily Odd

Computer Animation Arts Year 3

UCA ROCHESTER

 

Project Title: CYBERSEOUL

Title Description: A play on words between Cyberpunk and Seoul (capital of South Korea)

 

Short Idea Synopsis: For Minor I will develop the grounds for a Cyberpunk themed game map with strong influences from my own trip to South Korea and style references from games such as Overwatch and Cyberpunk 2077. Using inspiration from Overwatch game maps, I would like to develop a map of my own.

 

Publishing Context: Audience expectations for my project would target the Gaming Industry. My main focus will be on my 3D modelling and texturing in hopes of developing environments for games in the future. This type of project would be intended to be published in a game such as Blizzard’s, Overwatch and be used as a control map.

 

Technology: Software used for this project will mainly be Autodesk Maya and Substance Painter.

 

Timetable for Project:

 

First Month – October:

-          Concepts: 3D and 2D designs (props/building ideas)

-          Trip to South Korea (gather primary research)

 

Second Month – November:

-          Beginning 3D modelling

-          Model some props inspired by common things I saw in Korea that are beneficial to the scene.

-          Begin to model buildings taking inspiration from the style of Overwatch buildings.

-          Trial and Error until I find a style that feels right.

 

Final Month – December:

-          Continue modelling as many buildings as I can (I don’t need to model them all as I will be continuing this project into Major)

-          Practice with lights, trial and error, see what looks good for the scene.

-          Texture a few buildings to get a feel for how the buildings will look when they all come together.

-          Test textured buildings with lights.

-          Model some background buildings to be added to the background later.

Comments

Popular Posts