Toolkit 2 - Jetpack Jones Submission Links and Final Reflective Statement

JETPACK JONES - BLOG SUBMISSION LINKS AND FINAL REFLECTIVE STATEMENT


Head Modelling

Rough Blocking

Mouth

Nose

Neck and Ear Holes

Throat

Eyebrows

Skull Cap and Ears


Body Modelling

Torso, Arms and Legs

Belt Loops

Boots

Gloves and Hands

Full Body and Head Model Combined


UV Mapping

Head UVs

Body UV's and Exported Maps


Skinning

Building A Ribbon Spine

Building A Skeleton

Binding and Weight Grouping

Blending the Upper Body

Blending the Lower Body

Adding Pose Space Deformers Upper Body

Adding Pose Space Deformers Lower Body


Rigging

Rigging Feet and Legs Part.1

Rigging Feet and Legs Part.2

Spine Rigging

Spinal Error

Jetpack Jones Fully Rigged



Jetpack Jones Final Reflective Statement


Admittedly, Jetpack Jones has been a real struggle for me. Due to my hard drive breaking and me loosing a lot of the modelling I already created of him, I struggled to find the patience or the motivation to start modelling him again from scratch as in my head it felt like a waste of time. I eventually pushed through and managed to get started on him again and complete as much of him as I could within the time frame I had left. I have learnt lots whilst modelling him, from the long intense hours it takes to model the base mesh for a character, to binding the skin and painting weights correctly, to rigging him and using expressions, driven keys and restrictions etc. I struggled the most with his head, here I had a few issues regarding the look of his head and especially the shape of his eyes. As much as I tried to fix them I couldn't take the time to make these drastic changes as I was okay with the look of him, even if he looks a little bit different. I enjoyed modelling his body the most. I also encountered a spine error and I couldn't manage to figure out what went wrong, so over the summer I am determined to recreate the spine to see if I can fix the issue. 
Every other step to creating Jetpack Jones is very long and intricate. He takes up a lot of your time. I am happy with the outcome I ended up with though as I could never do anything like this a year ago. This just proves to myself and others that I have made heaps of progress with my skills in Autodesk Maya over the past year as well as with my understanding of all that is required to go into a 3D Character Model. Although I am not sure yet as to whether or not if I see myself modelling, skinning and rigging characters continuously in the future, I enjoyed the learning process and can see myself reusing all of the skills I've learnt whilst modelling Jetpack Jones in my future works and in my career. 











Comments

Popular Posts