Character Design Bible Reflective Statement

The Character Design Project was a new thing for me as I have never created a whole booklet of information regarding a character I have designed before. I started the project a few weeks later than everyone else as I was off sick for 2 weeks. Other than being behind the rest of my classmates I think i managed to pull through and get the project completed to a standard I am happy with. It took many redesigns so some characters to truly come together the way i wanted them too, for example, The main character,  Cookie. I redesigned this Puppy 3 times and changed the name to fit every time. I was really happy with the final result of his design as I has shown myself that I can progress my work and learn to critique myself so that I can improve. My improvement was clearly seen throughout the progression of the dogs design. My favourite design to work with was Frosty the Bird. I loved adding his little hat and scarf to represent how cold he is outside in the (Cotton) Snow. He was the most fun to design and draw in my opinion. 

Overall, after a slight setback and many challenges, I have managed to complete the project and come out with designs that I love. I am proud of my progression and am looking forward to creating more characters in the future and looking into making character bibles for them too so that people can see more in depth of the work that went into designing the character. 

Comments

Popular Posts