Short End of Year Reflective Statement

When this year began I had never used Maya before and my use with other software such as photoshop etc was still pretty vague. As we eased into Maya I struggled a lot to wrap my head around the mass amounts of tools and things you can do but as the year went on I slowly began to pick up the basics and feel I was progressing on my learning journey. when i look back to my first project to my last I see the difference on how I have improved over the year and I am proud of my progress. The Toolkit 1 videos were also a huge help when learning all the basics and common used tools in Maya. 

As well as Maya I also feel my drawing skills have thoroughly improved over the year thanks to the life drawing lessons I have had. At the beginning I drew all the limbs the wrong lengths all the time, and all though I'm still not perfect at it I can see I have improved significantly.

For Adobe Animate, Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects, I feel I have improved my knowledge of these software a lot over the year. Especially Photoshop and Premiere Pro as I have used them the most of all. I enjoyed doing the Animation projects on Animate though and although I still need to work on some things I can say I know a lot more than I did when I began.

Over the holidays I will continue to use Maya and other software to keep wheat I have learnt over the year fresh in my mind for when the next year begins. 

All in all I am very happy with how far I progressed over the year and I am looking forward to see where my skills improve and take me over the next few years. 

Comments

Popular Posts