Final Reflective Statement - Fantastic Voyage

This project has admittedly been very difficult considering it was my first ever try at a proper, rendered 3D animation. They say you are your worst critic and I would agree. Although, I was happy to push my skills further and I can't forget how much I have learnt whilst working on this project. To begin with, I had to come up with a storyline and design my character to fit in with the plot. This was a challenge as I have never based a story idea around the topics of science before. After days worth of thinking and rethinking, I decided I wanted to make a short story based on a thought I used to have as a child. See, when I was younger I used to believe there were little workers inside my body working hard to keep me alive. I wanted to use that thought as if there were little tiny workers inside of the Chloroplast in the leaf of the plant that help pass the nutrients along and converting it into energy to keep the plant alive. 

My favourite part of this project was designing my chloroplast characters, modelling and texturing them. I enjoyed bringing my concepts to life and seeing them move once they were fully rigged. I really enjoy creating models of characters and I am looking forward to modelling more characters in the future and seeing how my skills grow after practicing. I also love creating textures and applying them to see how they look in the end. 

My biggest struggle with this project seems to have been time. I seem to have struggled in making my animation any longer as I feel it might be a little short. I also felt very stressed when rendering the entire sequence as it took quite a while and made me fear that it wouldn't be finished in time.  

All in all I have enjoyed creating my first ever rendered 3D animation and I look forward to continue learning new skills and creating more and more animations in the future and I hope I can look back to this time in 3 years and see how much my skills have improved.


Comments

Popular Posts